Sunday, 25 July 2010

New Stonecutters Community website & Ashlar vote

Some of the fantastic residents at Stonecutters Ridge have set up an online community forum for those looking to buy, building and living in the estate.


http://www.stonecutterscommunity.com/






Hopefully this will be a great place for owners to meet and ask questions, organise events etc.



In other news, Ashlar Golf Club members vote on the 28th of July on a land swap and eventual move to Stonecutters Ridge. There have been a few articles in the Rouse Hill Times and Blacktown Advocate. The headline below was in this week's Advocate:




My understanding is that many members are for the land swap - and why wouldn't you? You move from a nice, but architecturally stunted golf course to a Greg Norman/Bob Harrison designed course - the only one of its kind in Sydney. You get a brand new club house, golf carts, pro shop, practice facilities PLUS the facilities of the club itself (swimming pools, tennis courts, full gym).


The general consensus amongst club golfers I know is that most clubs are feeling the pinch financially. Stonecutters Ridge I can imagine will attract a steady stream of corporate days and high end functions. If you couldn't turn a decent profit with the facilities that will be in place - you'd almost have to be an idiot.


I can understand the concerns of some Ashlar members - the Stonecutters Ridge course is further away from the existing site (14 minutes by car) and if the golf course ranks well architecturally - membership fees may increase to levels that may be unsuitable for existing members. My understanding is that fee increases are to be capped as part of the agreement for a number of years (7 day membership is $1476). However, that could have its own pitfalls - once that period is up, fees may increase substantially.


Membership fees at other courses in the area are:
Fox Hills Golf Club - $870
Dunheved Golf Club - $880
Castle Hill Country Club - $2,210
Penrith Golf Club - $995
Cumberland Country Golf Club - $1119


I will be looking forward to seeing the results of the vote on Wednesday night.

2 comments:

  1. If Ashlar dont get Cash on top of the land swap its not a good deal for them. Better still they should demand a significant equity stake in the development - like Horton Park has done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blake - I have a feeling some cash is on the table - but I don't know the amount (plus they have a good amount from the clubhouse fire insurance). As for an equity stake in the whole development - I think Medallist would rather run it themselves than do that!

    ReplyDelete