Thursday, 21 February 2008

No site access today

I rode down this morning to see if I could get access. Unfortunately the nice fellow at the site office said that only inducted construction staff could have access - and this required steel cap boots, safety vest & hard hat.

This picture was the best I could do standing on the entry road before the estate. I think the white strips you can see are guttering. It looked like it through my binoculars but the camera only has 3.8x zoom.
A chat with the guy indicated that the land for the display homes will be ready for soil testing & contour survey in the next month and the display homes are to be finished before Christmas. This gives us hope that our block could be ready for soil testing in the next few months.
We also have a new contact at Wisdom Homes who introduced himself over the phone yesterday and asked if I had any other pricing questions (other than a general price list they have) - he shouldn't have asked! I sent him a list of 10 items we'd like roughly priced. Hope he's not overwhelmed.
So what is next for us? We have a list of the products used by the builders (windows, doors, paints, bricks etc) - so trying to get as much detail of our design bedded down. This means also paying a visit to the Caesarstone display and other display centres. We'll go back to the display villages as well to look at external colour schemes and facade ideas. We want a mix of face brick, moroka coated brick, render and cladding. Lots more fun weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment