You can't really see the roof from the frontal shot since the ground slopes down and away from the house - but you can see the roof bits on the road.
Here are the guys installing the anticon blanket before putting the colorbond on top. The front of the house was the last part to get done.
The shots of the side and back of the house allow you to see it more clearly. The roof looks white in the picture below with the sun shining on it - but it's really Shale Grey.
When the sun goes behind a cloud - it looks more grey.
A tribute to one of the H1 forum members (I think it's lisanne) who has a similar picture as her avatar! I figured with the huge downpours we've had - gumboots on site were essential - I almost ruined my only pair of Keds in the gluggy clay.
The heavy rain has also caused some compaction of the soil surrounding the water tank - hence the big sink holes that have emerged.

love the boots! very important building gear! I can't believe they kept working on the roof in that weather! amazing
ReplyDeleteJust catching up on everyone's blogs... I love the gumboots! And yes it was/is me :D heheh
ReplyDelete