From this 2.5 weeks ago
To this:
The lawn is establishing really well thanks to the tips from Fu Manchu on the Homeone forum. I've been watering with molasses and Seasol every 2nd day. I've also been watering with Powerfeed once a week. During the first week, I watered daily. During the second week, I've only been watering every 2nd day. The roots are well established and the lawn is looking really lush.
We used All Hills Fencing to do the fence work. We also needed retaining walls because of the small amount of cut and fill the builder did on the block during construction. The fencers were able to build the small (200mm) retaining walls around the house into the fence itself for way less than building a retaining wall ourselves.
The view between us and the golf course has also vastly improved with the removal of the chain wire fencing and replacement by 1.2m flat top black pool fencing - exactly the same as ours. Big thanks to Lloyd at Medallist for working with us to ensure that we had consistent fencing.
The plan was originally for quite tall fencing like you see outside schools (that lovely prison look) but I think this improves the look of the golf course immensely. Plus - the old chainwire fence had a green mesh over it - tresspassing neighbourhood kids would duck down behind the mesh when they saw the security guards coming - meaning the guards couldn't see them.
Next step - planting a green manure crop!
What is green manure? Instead of importing soil for my native garden beds - I'm going to improve it naturally by growing a crop that will add more nutrients over the autumn and winter. Once spring comes around - I'll chop it down and dig it into the soil. I purchased my green manure seeds from Green Harvest.

Looking fantastic! The fencing really adds alot - both to your lot and the golf course too! I'm sure the view is heaps better than it was. :)
ReplyDelete...and thanks again for keeping an eye on our progress.
Wow, what a difference that must make for you now! How exciting to at least be enclosed :)
ReplyDelete