We got up bright and early to watch some Masters golf - then once there was daylight - we ran a string line and marked our garden beds with marking spray (such a wonderful invention!) just in time.
As we were finishing up the QualTurf delivery truck arrive with our Empire Zoysia. We chose EZ over Sir Walter Buffalo because it is a little more drought tolerant, grows quite slowly - only needing mowing once a month in summer, and is a finer leaf - and thus nicer on your feet when you're not wearing shoes.
I asked the turf guy what he thought about our soil preparation and he said that it looks excellent. Apparently many people who lay turf on a single layer of topsoil over Sydney clay call up to complain that it starts dying off - when in reality it's hitting the solid clay and has nowhere to go!
Our job was pretty simple - the 2 guys from the turf company took 2.5 hours to lay it all - and it looks like back breaking work! The turf rolls weigh between 10-15kg each - I could barely lift one. So if hubby & I were to lay turf - I think it would have taken *him* all day.
The finished product:
We also had a great visit from Megan and Stefan our neighbours from two doors down. I apologise guys for the messy state the house was in! It's great that the people building in the estate are all friendly - feels like a real neighbourhood :) We can't wait to meet Jake!

It was wonderful to meet you guys as well. Seemed like too long. Enjoy the new backyard, and we'll be seeing you guys again soon, I'm sure. Hooray for site start!
ReplyDelete