Monday, 1 September 2008

How is your house going?

This is the question asked of us by family and friends all the time. It's getting frustrating to say NOTHING!

We have been patiently waiting since February 2006 - our patience is starting to wear a little thin - but the phrase "eye on the prize" keeps us motivated.

I'm actually thinking of getting some t-shirts printed up for us that says "We have no idea when our house will start - ask our developer". Back in May 08 the estimate for registration of titles with the Land Titles Office was September. Today is the 1st of September and no news just yet.

The most frustrating thing is that we had delayed starting a family and doing certain things to wait until we could move into our new house. I think we've now taken the approach that we had better start doing these things regardless as the house could take forever! I was hoping for a massive 30th birthday bash in our new place - looks like I won't be having a big celebration for 30 - perhaps I can start a new trend and have a big party for 31 :)

I am sending positive thoughts out to the universe in the hope that she can move things along a little quicker! Display homes are being built - why can't we start our house? Grrrrr!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean.. we keep getting asked how the house is going, and we have nothing to say to them. You're being very patient though... just need to keep the positive mindset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - they say patience is a virtue. We will be overflowing with virtuosity by the end!

    ReplyDelete