Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Locked up

Worked from home today and took a visit out to the site - the cornice guy was there finishing up - looks really good inside. We have fancy cornices in the living areas and then the regular style everywhere else



Internal doors have been delivered


The house is also partially locked up - blue board screwed over the front door


And this is what the entrance looks like from the other side


But here are our lovely proper front doors - it will be a double door opening. Natural timber look.


And external doors have been roughly fitted.


The false floor in the void was also removed while I was there. (I have no idea why there is a gaping hole in the ceiling! I hope someone fixes this :)

I had a chat with M in the sales office - they expect a stack of site starts in February with plenty of people lodging their plans with the developer (for external design and colour approval) and council in the coming weeks.
I also found out about some of the other houses planned. We were worried about having this huge house that might be a monstrosity compared to other homes (we're 410m2) - but after chatting with M - I think our house will be about average. Though I hear there is a huge 52sq place on the main road. Our house should look nice and balanced with our land and surrounding areas.
Fingers crossed the kitchen/laundry/vanities are delivered and installed this week.
As for a move in - we just received a letter from Wisdom today where they will claim 5 weeks work delay for the Xmas period shut down. Let's hope some of the contractors would prefer to work in January so we can be in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment