Tuesday, 8 April 2008

What is happening at the site?

The development site is being managed by JK Williams - and I spoke with the project manager responsible for Stonecutters Ridge. He was extremely open and honest and we had a good chat.

Our block is still a ways off being ready - the manager said that electrical work was still to be done and the topsoil had to go back on to the block. I was surprised at this - we had heard horror stories of developers removing rich topsoil in new estates and selling it off - leaving land owners with soil that needs a lot of improvement and organic matter for gardening. I'm very impressed that the topsoil will go back on!

Unfortunately it's raining today - and forecasted to continue for the rest of this week. I am getting a feeling that we will not be in our new home for Xmas 2008. More delays mean more money saved though to put some great finishing touches on our new home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment