The driveway has been excavated and should be poured late next week (fingers crossed please for no rain!)
Things are also moving along inside.
Splashback installed in the kitchen.
Mixer for the kitchen sink
Tap hardware and mirrors in the main bathroom
And our special order mirrors - this is the ensuite. There is a frame and plenty of wires for the lights.
The finished product! A great huge mirror :)
And here is the hidden light underneath the mirror - there's one at the top too.
I'm really happy with the way the mirrors have turned out - they really give the bathroom that "wow" factor.
This is the same sort of mirror in the powder room
We also have toilets! (I wonder if this means they'll take away the port a loo outside?)
And bathtubs - they filled them and ran the bathroom taps to check for leaks or blockages in the pipes.
Bath in the main bathroom - showerscreens also went in - they look very sleek.
We also upgraded our showerheads from the standard or the display upgrades - we picked something different altogether (we could choose anything from Reece Plumbing). You can't really see it well through the reflection on the screen - but it's a rain dumper plus handheld shower.

4 weeks hopefully until handover. Next week our site supervisor is going to provide is with some specific dates.
Remaining items:
- Final coat of paint on internal walls
- Main floor tiles
- Underground water tank - fix broken pipe, back fill around tank subsidence
- Door handles and locks
- Pantry and linen press shelving fitout
- Paint feature colour on portico
- Carpet
That list is pretty small!

clearly, the list is too small!!! lol
ReplyDeleteI think your mirrors are ingenious, does the light turn on when you turn on the room light (is it instead of a room light??) or does it only turn on when you switch it on a special switch near the sink?? Must look awesome working...
Also, I thought shower dumper is only hung from ceiling, not wall, I didn't know a dumper could also be from the wall - that's interesting.
The bathroom fitouts are just divine, so modern and tastefully done, great colours, I really like what you've done with those rooms, the whole home is looking great - love the garage feature tile too - just amazing!
Hey Annie - no - the light is on a separate switch. It's especially good if you want to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and need a light but don't want to blind yourself.
ReplyDeleteWe went through Reece and there seemed to be a few:
http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/products/2285149
http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/products/9501350
Thanks for your comments - we wanted a really relaxed and chilled out feel - I can't wait to start decorating! (Though I can just imagine myself agonising over curtain colours and fabrics!)
OMG!!!!!!!!How long have you been waiting Amanda ???!!! What a marathon for you & hubby!! So happy for you that you're just about there.
ReplyDeleteYour selections are just beautiful. Very classy Amanda.
Amanda, looking great! We opted (well, more me than Megan) for the same shower head. I'm a big fan of the rain shower heads.
ReplyDeleteLooking good!
Thanks Southies! I think it will be 3.5 years by the time we move in and landscape - it seems like forever!
ReplyDeleteHey Stefan - I love the rain shower head as well but I like the handheld adjustable one for when I don't want to get my hair wet (gee that sounds really girly!)
Wow Amanda, its looking really good.
ReplyDeleteNot long now, it’s been a long haul for you both.
congratulations on nearing the end of an exiting rollercoaster !! Sure it has the same adrinalin rush as you get off the journey and ready to move in and worth the long wait !! Its coming up very nice !! Good on you guys and enjoy
ReplyDelete