Wednesday, 10 February 2010

New stairs, tiling finished and more painting pics

We received notice that our Site Supervisor resigned recently (and before you ask - I'm 95% sure it wasn't me that drove him to quit!) and the Construction Manager for Wisdom will be our new contact. I've already had dealins with the CM and he seems to be on the ball.

I received a phone call that the new stair case would be in today so I dropped by to see the progress in person (rather than through the window).

I think there's still a fair bit of painting to go as most areas have only had undercoat sprayed on. Our paint choice is neutral - White Smoke by Taubmans.

The kitchen


Home theatre/games room


And the stairs are fixed - yay! They now look exactly like they should on the plan. Butting up to the stair case along the wall will be a padded bench and large mirror to create nice feature in the entry way.


The last bathroom pics I had were tiles that were missing the grout - so that's been done and I'm really happy with the results.

Ensuite shower (it's a tumbled travertine in the niche as a feature)


Ensuite bathtub (I cannot wait to relax in a bath in here!)


Double sinks in the ensuite (this doesn't look like much now - but when the mirror goes in, the bathroom will look like a swanky hotel bathroom - actually - that's where I stole the idea from - thanks Sofitel in Melbourne!)


Main bathroom


My understanding is that there will be lots happening the next few weeks - mirrors, shower screens, more painting, electrical, floor tiling. We are so close to the finish line!
Don't ask me when the finish line is yet - I'm not quite sure - but we should have a better idea next week.


Golf course update
I chatted with Mark Pardi in the Sales Office today - play will begin at the course's current 6 holes in April! I better get to the range some time soon and hit some balls :)
Also - I hear a rumour that the timetable for the full completion of the golf course has been sped up with completion set for April 2011. I've certainly seen courses completed in 12 months (especially given all the ground works that have been done at Stonecutters Ridge) - so hopefully we get the weather to seed fairways and greens.
On the topic of seeding - the existing holes now have fabulous tee boxes and greens thanks to the recent rains and then sunny weather - perfect growing conditions!

4 comments:

  1. Looking fanatastic - hopefully it will be full steam ahead now that you have F on board as your SS (us too it seams)!

    Can't wait to see pics once your main flooring goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey D&S - I think the transition will be really smooth for us (F has been involved in fixing some issues in recent weeks) - hopefully it doesn't cause any delays for you guys either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Amanda! Everything is looking really nice around the house and I love the look of the new staircase. The wrought iron looks slick!

    Thanks for the update about the golf course too! Nice to hear that things are still progressing as expected, and that at least a portion of the course will be ready soon! Not that I'll be able to use it...or can I? Do we have to be living there to be able to use the course or just have settled on the land?

    At any rate, thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stefan - I'm not sure about using the course - once you move in you'll get a clubhouse membership for 1 year - this includes free social golf (but not a golf handicap or playing in competition rounds)

    You guys will definitely be in by April 2011 (if not - they are taking a really long time with your house!)

    ReplyDelete