Grrr! 2 things have bugged me today
1. The vendor solicitor won't allow us to pay stamp duty with ANZ funds unless they charge a $300 fee. I ran around today to organise a bank cheque for stamp duty (lucky we had funds available) and Brad will get it to the agent tomorrow. That had a solution that was reasonably easy to fix.
2. I luckily opened my email (not something I do when I get home from work) and found our settlement summary. In essence - the vendor's solicitor (the "esteemed" Mallesons) has royally stuffed up with the amounts we have already paid as a deposit. In 2006, we paid a $1000 deposit on our land. Then we paid the remainder of 5% deposit on exchange.
According to our settlement summary - they have not taken into account the initial $1000. This means that essentially the vendor & their legal representatives are attempting to steal an additional $1000 from us - grrr!
I have left an urgent message on the phone of our conveyancer, sent him an email with proof of the original deposit. All we can do now is wait and hope this royal cock up can be fixed before 3.30pm tomorrow.
Would be great if everyone could cross their fingers please!
Stonecutters Ridge hosting the NSW Open
11 years ago

OMFG Grrr. Thinking of you A *hugs*
ReplyDelete