Thursday, 25 June 2009

It's the final countdown!

Ok - so I used a very terrible 80s song for the title of today's blog entry - I'm ashamed to say that I did own that song on a cassette.

As cielly mentioned on Homeone - there's only 1 more sleep until settlement!

I got a fab SMS yesterday from our mortgage broker indicating that ANZ were ready to settle and would be contacting our solicitor. Though I didn't have time to follow his suggestion yesterday and update the blog - sorry Mark!

So it looks like full steam ahead, pedal to the metal, prepare for takeoff! (Ok I can't think of any more metaphors)

Brad & I have been thinking about what to do to celebrate finally owning our dream block after more than 3 years of waiting. I think we'll do a picnic lunch on Saturday - our favourite pies from High Street Pies at 413 High Street Penrith and some sparkling apple juice (we've been on a no-alcohol program since 26 Jan 09 - but that's a hole different story).

We'll also get out at some stage in the next few weeks and start preparing some areas for garden beds - just digging up the clay soil and adding shredded newspaper, old lawn clippings and mulch. It needs to sit there for at least 3-4 months to break down - so it should be ready for planting once the house is done. (Many thanks to Mark Ferrington for that tip!)

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha, I laughed at the title and sang the song before I read what you said!! Congrats A, so happy and excited for you and your DH! Enjoy the picnic & Pies! Bel (H1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Bel! I'm glad someone else knows the words and tune :)

    ReplyDelete