News hot off the wire!
I just got off the phone with the people at SR and have some exciting news that I'm able to share.
The current target completion date for the Stonecutters Ridge golf course is November 2010 with the course slated to open for play in April 2011!
Once the course is completed in November, the summer months will be used to grow in tees, fairways and greens.
So what about the existing 6 or 7 holes? They'll be open in about 3 weeks for play - watch this space for more about the opening day. Hopefully I'll wrangle an invite and can get some great pics to put on the blog. (This also means I'd better hit the driving range and start practicing - my game is woeful right now!)
We'll still be waiting a few more months for a cool place to get a drink (besides dropping in on someone you know who lives at Stonecutters Ridge). The news is that the temporary club house has been ordered and should be ready to open in 3 months time. My understanding is that there'll be a basic golf shop (you can't loose too many golf balls on the course at this stage!) and food/drink facilities.
I'm looking forward to wandering down for a lazy Sunday morning hot chocolate, some golf and then a yummy lunch :)
Stonecutters Ridge hosting the NSW Open
11 years ago

Wow, that's great news! So between November and April they let everything just grow? Even the existing 7 holes or will those stay open for play? Thanks for the heads up!
ReplyDeleteHey Stefan! I think the existing 7 holes will stay open during the growing/bedding in period since they're already looking good :)
ReplyDelete